Thursday 18 August 2016

Fuzzy logic

Sometimes between uploading my blog post for the day and putting fingers to keys for the next one, I find myself gathering moments and composing snippets in my head...Mostly I give thanks for this as it saves me sucking my metaphorical pencil and scratching my head, but this afternoon I realised I seemed to be storing up grumbles and grievances, so you can give thanks I caught myself and stopped. Well in pixel world anyhow...

I give thanks for doing as much nothing as possible this morning. It's not something that comes easily to me, in fact it's often as much effort as doing something, but my body really seemed to need more stillness...and my mind always does...so I did my best.

I give thanks for an easing of pain in the afternoon so I could go out and get some more. I'm not at all grateful for the way I limp and make wimpy noises when it's bad but these might have helped clear a space at a bus stop seat. It is my cross to bear and I'm not grateful for being cross when I bear it, but I do give thanks I recognise I'm grumpy and try not to blame other people...though this time of year there are a lot more of them around you could do if you were so inclined!

I give thanks I chopped some veg while I made a cuppa when I got in so next time I can face getting up there's less to do to make tea. I give thanks meanwhile I'm quite enjoying lying cocooned and curled up on my bed with earplugs in and my phone propped up on a book so I don't have to hold it.

I give thanks at least my hair is wild and wandering free... I give thanks to Jan for patiently putting up with my constant yearning to follow its example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics