Monday 1 August 2016

Tie and dry

I give thanks for the delicate shapes and colours in the sunset sky last night...

For going out in the rain today... For coming home to shelter and warmth afterwards. And clean...and tidy...and (for a little while) quiet! I love clean and tidy and quiet, I soak in it like a fantastic fragrant pool of warmth for the soul...

For the Hospice shop happily taking my unwanted electricals...for a cab driver I've not seen for while coming to carry me and this weighty pile down to town so we could have a catch up chat on the way. 

For a very jolly knitting session...tears of laughter at times! For Cathy kindly bringing me some unwanted sewing patterns she'd brought before and I'd not been there to receive. 

For Linda bringing out a pretty dress I thought she'd brought to mend or alter. 'It's so you,' Carol said looking at me, 'Don't you mean it's so Linda?' I said...but she didn't. Linda had brought the dress before as well...and it was for me too! I was so touched. I've struggled to get the colours to come out right in this photo, but I give thanks I'm sure if there's any adjusting of fit needing doing I'll be the right woman for the job!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics