Tuesday 2 August 2016

The rest of the day

I give thanks for my perseverance the last few days, persisting with doing the things on my to do lists. For body parts I usually pat and say 'There there, dear, you just have a little rest' being pressed into grumbling, fumbling, but ultimately successful action.

I give thanks for years of creative thinking and penny pinching, and thinking outside of not the kind of box that usually goes with the phrase; for the people that helped me, and the people who seemed to hinder me and thus made me try even harder.

I give thanks for years of not having a proper one not hindering my home making skills a bit...and for my property appraisal revealing I had appraised the situation correctly and have pinched and pressed pretty well.

I give thanks for dancing round the flat for a couple of minutes of exuberant relief and joy before the aforementioned bits and pieces threatened to go on strike and I did the kind and sensible thing and settled down for a read and a knit and a snooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics