Saturday 6 August 2016

Rules of the game

Mmm...nice tea! Copious thanks were given to David for a menu of so many favourite things provided by lucky guesses... You can tell they were guesses because one of them was beetroot juice and that would have been up there with the least favourite things if I'd ever imagined such a horror existed. I give thanks for volunteering to try some...and declaring it not quite as bad as it might have been. Oh, and for understanding why I don't get invited to dinner very often of course!

Today I gave thanks for a rare juxtaposition of good energy levels, pain free joints and warm sunny weather. I had a real yen to go for a Walk, but such is the case in the middle of the summer when the nicest places are too far away and would be too crowded, or inaccessible without a car, even the lower case variety's a bit of a conundrum. I gave thanks for setting to with domestic chores, and sewing projects, and a little light ebay therapy until I could resist no more and went for a brisk toddle down here. Locals will know where, and locals who know where I live and how feeble one can feel will know it's a good enough toddle from my flat door and back to feel a small w walk has been done.


I give thanks for the textile recycling bin having room for the textiles I'd taken to put in it, for the tide being out so there weren't too many people on the wall or packed on the sand below it. For listening to children making, remaking and negotiating the rules of a game they were playing climbing on the other side of the sign I sat with my back against to eat my lunch. For the line of confetti sails on the horizon as some far away race took place.

I give thanks for all audible neighbours being out for a while so I could lounge on the sofa with ice cream and the Outlaws without feeling aurally intruded upon. That gelato scoops straight from the freezer. For leeks and mushrooms in cream cheese and pesto sauce cooking for my dinner - another of my favourite flavours, but I already knew that so not so much of a surprise...Oh and a lemon tart for dessert I was given to bring home yesterday as there wasn't time or room. Double gratitude for the double provision of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics