Saturday 20 August 2016

Unpicky

I was woken up by cramp so many times in the night the time left for sleeping was pretty cramped too, so I give thanks there was no pressing need to go anywhere, nor even get up for anything until late today. My calves are still sore, which given the state of my hips and knees this week, has made horizontal quite appealing. I give thanks for the opportunity to practice not caring about not doing much.

I give thanks for having the wherewithal to keep myself fed and watered and mildly amused. For finding a novel to read at the library last week. This might seem unremarkable but I'd rather not read any kind of fiction than any kind of fiction if you see what I mean...

I give thanks for tackling a tricky bit of a knitting task (shaping and binding off a shoulder seam, for anyone who's wondering ) plus some finickety unpicking of seams in a ready made dress that needs altering. And as these activities made my hands hurt I should be grateful I've run out of useable limbs and just go back to sleep I reckon...unless or until I can think of something simple to make for tea!

I give thanks for the sound of the wind...for the softening of other sounds with earplugs...for the patch of blue sky that's appeared and grown while I've been writing this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics