Wednesday 17 August 2016

Sweet little lies

I give thanks for the bright growing moon in the graduated pastels of the sky, catching my eye and making me catch my breath in wonder every evening this week...bar this one. Tonight it's been about watching the 'Swiss mist' that rolls down the hill behind the terrace so that you can pretend that it's a mountain.

I give thanks for a wonderful low(ish) potassium fruit pudding I've made a couple of times now using tinned pineapple with dried blueberries, cranberries and cherries topped with sponge made with wholemeal flour and light soft brown sugar. I've been missing dried fruit dreadfully...Yes, I should get out more...see below!

I give thanks a phase of very bad pain has started when I have no very good things to do - some warm social interaction would be a delightful distraction but the only interactions on offer for the foreseeable future involve waiting standing and trying to walk in busy crowds or sitting about talking about pain. Walking, standing and sitting are the most painful things to do just now so I'm grateful no one else will get hurt if I say no to these. I wouldn't say no to talking to someone lying down at the moment so I give thanks for the internet virtually making that possible sometimes...

I give thanks for having words in my head to share with someone who isn't there to hear them any more...and then hearing from someone else who at least knows the feeling...

I give thanks for trying to organise one more 'one more treat' before hospital after the one I first thought of proved unviable. Even though hospital dates are as yet not set in stone they manage to be hovering over an awkward place to arrange anything around. I may have to make a miraculous recovery afterwards to try out all these ideas I keep thinking of!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics