Tuesday 16 August 2016

Well off

I give thanks for a grayly starting day - sunshine makes me want to go out so much and I can no more go out and play every day than I could go out and work. I give thanks for staying healthy beyond even unreasonable expectations...and for accepting I still have work to do on not feeling guilty and a failure for never being really well. 

I give thanks for waking slowly from troubled dreams...but eventually full of resounding resolve to tackle various organisational tasks and chores...which of course counts for nothing if the people and procedures you encounter think you do too. Oh well, I give thanks for giving these matters my best shots and for trying not to be too grumpy with bearers of frustrating (lack of) news. On the whole I think it's good to be receive regular reminders of one's inconsequentiality...but wouldn't say no to a few more chances to forget just now, and much busyness still results in zzizziness whether the outcomes are successful or not.

I give thanks that cunning operation of coupons and vouchers has bagged me £60 of Tesco groceries and domestic supplies ordered for £40...and that I've tried to go easy with the lbs as well so as to be generous to the delivery person's knees.

I give thanks for the sea being rather oceanic today with crashing a good roar of waves on the shore; for the palest watercolour white of cloud streaks on the blue; for variations on a Pachelbel theme by the violinist busking on the Triangle...and, on a day when it feels as if my legs have been screwed on wrong at the hips...or maybe even attached with rusty nails...for this lady making me feel extra inadequate 
http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/15/elderly-woman-loses-prosthetic-limb-while-rock-climbing-contintues-anyway-6069134/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics