Saturday 27 August 2016

IMBY

I give thanks for delving into the heart of darkness behind and between my cooker and the kitchen cupboards, and other murky crannies. Not really ideal tasks for a pre-op parastomal hernia patient...but they won't be ideal occupations during recovery either and I'd die of shame if I died under the surgeon's knife and there was muck and clutter lurking everywhere...well, if I hadn't died already of course!

These tasks, and associated domestic enhancement processes have taken up much of my day today, and as Bank Holiday weekends can seem interminably long and isolated I rather give thanks for that... plus realising it doesn't matter if I can't sell up and move on, there might money to be made here doing guided tours of life as it used to be lived...and is still lived by me, including plug in heaters and pull out kitchen appliances!

I give thanks for having some energy to rub and scrub and that I do love not only to see stuff looking clean and tidy, but also knowing stuff I can't see is that way too.

I give thanks for the cheery sound of pigs snuffling and rooting in the garden of the ground floor flat here...there used to be guinea pigs squeaking down there which I also enjoyed but these are the full on porky sort, and it's strange to look out and see not just cats and dogs and rabbits exercising in the private patches but full grown livestock too. On the whole I think the plot is too small and the situation utterly unsuitable but no one else seems to be batting an eyelid so, unless it's an outdoor elephant in the room situation, maybe it's perfectly normal nowadays like dishwashers and cars and central heating? Oh well, they can be another feature for the museum visitors...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics