Tuesday 23 August 2016

Odd one out

I give thanks for less pain the last couple of days so I've been able to get out more...though I'm moving very slowly and it swiftly catches up. I give thanks for fine weather so pausing here and there while it passes can be pleasant, apart from the usual odd one out feeling of being an odd one out among the couples, families and groups of friends.

I give thanks my hair is long enough and curly enough to twist into a topknot that stays even if I forget a scrunchie to hold it. I give thanks for the glittery water and the sea mist along the foot of the headlands. For the soft fronds of tamarisk of which I'm very fond...For a light, not too sweet lemon and poppy seed muffin on the back beach...and for the sweet unthinking of sleeping. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics