Sunday 7 August 2016

Brown and sticky

I give thanks for an early night and a long sleep between clean sheets. For waking up refreshed and ready to assume the duck position for life's next swipe of the big stick. Sometimes it knocks me when I'm down; sometimes when I'm up, and knocks me down...so I'm grateful for being somewhere in between this time and as prepared as you can ever be. If you're really prepared it's not a knock is it? It's simply playing cricket...

I give thanks for the neighbours being out so I could process the experience in the way I do best, including talking out loud to myself to hear the things I need to hear. I give thanks for a tricky sewing job requiring dry eyes and non dripping nose, plus dirty floors requiring vacuuming so a little light howling and domestic violence could also ensue. I give thanks for tackling, almost successfully, the removal of seagull poo from a prominent window pane...appreciating the cosmic appropriateness of the challenge, and the fact I failed to complete it. 

I give thanks for the warmth of the sun's embrace and for the sparkle of the sea smiling at me from the seat with the clearest view... I give thanks for cobbling together a gratitude blog post on a day when it's not been my foremost emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics