Friday 26 August 2016

That's the way

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...so I give thanks for nothing too unmanageable pain wise this morning and thus venturing forth to gain some more. I give thanks for a scenic bus ride to take away a tea and flapjack down the bay a way. Any road journey is a creep of faith in the South West this time of year, and any bus journey requires great fortitude with all my wayward variables so I give thanks for no undue delay or dismay occurring.

Still not in the best of moods, I give thanks for overheard conversations reminding me there are worse things than only having yourself to talk to...for the rich blues and greens of the coastline on a sunny summer's day; for flecks of brightness in the dark of the leafy woods, and brushstroke wakes of jet skis and power boats on the water.

I give thanks to Facebook for reminding me (and Liz!) of skies that caught our eyes today last year; to Bob and Jan for checking in and breaking up the social silence; to Colin for taking time to check my chuckle button still works, and that it does..it just keeps defaulting back to 'off' again.

I give thanks that neighbours have been out in the day and curiously quiet in the evenings just lately allowing me to watch TV in peace. Not that watching TV in peace is something I aspire to, but it's something to do when I can't do the things I do. I give thanks for remembering all things will change...even neighbours being curiously quiet.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to thankyou personally for how much light and hope your blog has bought into my life. Is there any place I can contact you directly?
    Grace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to comment Grace. I don't like to put contact details on here but your appreciation is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics