Wednesday 31 August 2016

Soft tissue

I give thanks for a kind member of counter staff in the chemist giving me a couple of tissues when I was sniffing and apologising for not having one. I give thanks it wasn't the snivelling sort of sniffing that time, just the drippy nose sort...though I am being a big softy at the moment and am easily moved to tears. I give thanks for regularly reminding myself it's OK to be this way and that wishing I was any different is as pointless as wishing anything else was. I give thanks for trying to be good natured and kind even when stuff seems trying and tough...even if I don't always quite succeed.

I give thanks for making some progress with the soft cotton crossover robe I'm making, partly for my hospital stay...and partly just because I'd like to wear it anyway at times when neither naked nor dressed seems right. I give thanks I find doing small hand stitching for finishing both soothing and satisfying. I give thanks for coming across a couple of very old Midsomer Murders I've not seen before. Yes, I know that's a bit of a sad thing to be happy about but I'm doing the best I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics