Sunday 11 March 2018

Easy like Sunday morning

I give thanks for a wonderful dream I was so pre-occupied wandering about on various adventures I completely forgot to write my blog! Meanwhile, back in the real world...

I give thanks I made some supper in the end. After getting out of the bath I was like 'No, I canNOT move...' but I was also a little peckish, so with much whimpering and the last of those chickpea chili potato cakes which I was delighted to find in the fridge I managed to cobble together some nourishment including a very rough and ready crumble for dessert/breakfast.

I give thanks for catching up with a couple of episodes of Shetland, the scenery making me whimper in a completely different way...

For getting some sleep in another difficult night with joint pain and waking up this morning and thinking 'Phew, I don't have to do anything today!' before a sudden frantic mental check that it was actually Sunday and no, I didn't!

I give thanks for a very taking it easy day - an old Columbo and a nap on the sofa, lots of books, including John Treagood's second selection of thoughts and an interesting crossword manual. I never realised the reason that Morse is always trying to solve them is that Colin Dexter used to set them...

I give thanks for musing a while on Mothers' Day in rather melancholy fashion...before deciding to honour all the cherishing and care I've received from myself over the years in lieu of love from other people! Right, I'd better get off my proverbial and start making something nice for my tea to prove it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics