Saturday 3 March 2018

Rain rain beautiful rain

I give thanks when the power kept going off last night it kept coming back on again. I give thanks for the rain today washing away some of the snow and ice so I could get the rubbish to the dustbin without danger of slipping. And for the sun coming out and twinkling on the drips!


I give thanks for my body temperature during daylight hours rising to the point where I could discard my scarf and hat...and move about with something more like vigor. I get (even more) lethargic when I'm cold...

I give thanks for a deep think in a deep bath and deciding to use my sore hands to try to take apart my broken heater rather than try to make anything today (other than food of course!) There's a lot of screws and it is painful and slow but a) I might be able to fix it if I can get to look inside, and b) it will be easier to get rid of in pieces if I can't. It's not only my main source of heat in the flat but the main way to dry laundry this time of year, on a rack nearby, and I'm really struggling without it so this feels like a positive step.

I give thanks for discovering why the vacuuming seemed to be taking so much effort for so little effect (dislodged bag) and clearing up the after effects of sorting that. It was astonishing how much dust there was inside - far more than was on the floor, I'I sure! I give thanks for sitting down with a big plate of dhal after all these chores... Now I'm off to fill a hot water bottle and get the quilt (and probably the hat and scarf!) ready for the evening chill....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics