Tuesday 27 March 2018

Wake up little Susie

Ha ha! I woke up and thought 'Oh, no! I went back to sleep... I have stuff to do today... What time is it?'  And then it dawned on me it was yesterday evening and yes, I had gone back to sleep but only after doing the stuff I was meant to! I give thanks for extra rest after some accomplishment...

Mostly when I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is groan as some part of my body is hurting...and the second is sigh as many parts of my life are causing me emotional pain. Today I had a serious motivation crisis to overcome too so I give thanks for finally achieving that and attending to that which had to be done. For starting on the pre-surgery spruce up of the premises - scrubbing, polishing, vacuuming and so on, dealing with some life admin and, far more pleasant than all of the above, finding a bit of space for a bit of creative endeavour. For feeling fit enough to fit in my Shiatsu.

I give thanks for a well timed thank you message when I was feeling blue. For the Come Dine With Me commentator making me chuckle. And also, as I don't move in those kind of circles or look in those sort of magazines, for the opportunity to see what a face my age 'with work done' looks like. Fast becoming increasingly horribly haggard and hag like I can understand why one would prefer to avoid such fate, but though certainly not haggard, the effects of fillers, botox etc doen't come across as quite human to me. I give thanks there are some things in life it is a blessing to be too poor for...

And for any pedants out there wondering who Susie might be... Probably distant relative I don't realise I have. A second and a half cousin (or something like that!) and I were surprised to discover earlier we hadn't even grasped each others complicated sibling arrangements...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics