Thursday 15 March 2018

I'm free

Well, you know, not really really free... But I'm away from home, and no one who knows me knows where and that feels pretty damn free to me! I can hardly remember the last time I wandered off on my own, and really can't recall the last time it was to somewhere I've not been before so, because my adventurous spirit has been so thwarted in recent years, every little cell is grateful! It's
almost impossible to tell you how much...you have to be someone who needs to travel and mostly can't any more to understand, and I wouldn't wish that situation on any other.

I give thanks for waking up early enough despite being on bucket duty til well after bedtime last night. And I give thanks for finally getting to my room with a bit of a view at the expected time despite trains cancelled due to floods, trains over crowded due to other ones being cancelled, and trains having to go slow and or stop due to signal problems. I can't go far for lots of reasons...but there's nothing like a bundle of travel hiccups for making you feel like you're on some epic trek...And I give thanks for thinking of something I could do that seemed worth the effort involved.

I give thanks there's an Asda nearby with free wifi...and for managing to find a few bits to munch in my room for my tea...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics