Sunday 18 March 2018

I wish it could be Christmas every day

OK, I don't really because Christmas isn't usually much fun for me...but being cosy inside watching the mesmerising snowfall feels rather enjoyably festive! I give thanks I've not had to go out...


I give thanks for my new heater. My new heater is the biz! It is better than the heater that broke and I have been warmer than I have ever been here in wintry weather. It is SO much nicer than being cold! I had no idea what I was missing!

I give thanks for a new pack of my favourite sort of dried cranberries, and adding them to my morning porridge. I give thanks for thinking of Pat whenever I concoct some hot oaty delight. She used to ask where I got whatever flavour I was raving about...and I was always puzzled because you get porridge from the kitchen don't you?

I give thanks for thinking I'd like some granola for a change and hunting for a recipe I'd seen that wasn't full of fruit and nuts and unsuitable for my diet. I don't have a culinary library - how could it be so hard to find? Then it turned up...in my renal cookbook!  I made some straight away...and just about managed to avoid eating it all straight away by hastily whipping up some pancakes.

I give thanks for my ravenous appetite. I need to catch up after being away when I was very good, avoiding lots of tempting but unwise dishes so not eating much at all. Well, that's my excuse anyway! I give thanks for remembering Anu (a dialysis nurse) assuring me, when I was first struggling with the regime, that kidney patients soon stop enjoying their food and lose their appetite. Not this one mate...what can I have for tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics