Friday 16 March 2018

Take it to the limit

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me...it took a while but I finally found my mojo and a cunning plan...I give thanks for that, oh and a day of spring beauty between the beasts!

Since going abroad has been banned, and since some of the loveliest parts of our isles are so hard to reach without a car, I was struggling to think of where to go that would be a bit memorable and different but not an awful lot of hassle for a lone and not very nimble traveller. Until I decided to think outside the box... And the United Kingdom! No passports required and back in time for supper...and I won't tell if you don't.

I know this is not in the spirit of the medical advice given, but no harm done...none of the what ifs happened, and I wasn't the passenger in need of a doctor or nurse on the call over the tannoy...

I give thanks for the sun shining brighter, the sky being bluer and the birds in the park singing more loudly too. The combination of tbese meant I didn't do most of the things I meant to do but just wandered about taking it in. All the more to enjoy next time eh?

I give thanks for spotting a funny moment I wish I'd caught on film. There was some incident in a narrow main street that required two fire trucks and police cars blocking the road. Pedestrians were milling about but I couldn't see anything obvious wrong and wandered off in another direction. Later I went that way again and they were packing up. A young woman in a pretty jumper and skirt just above the knee was talking and filming with a camera on a stand, for local news perhaps. Behind her a chap started winding up a length of police tape. He gave it a mighty tug so that it shot past the reporter lady taking the hem of her skirt up with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics