Friday 9 March 2018

Raindrops keep falling on my head

I give thanks for getting rid of slightly more than I bought today... always a feeling I like! To Mima for taking me in her car on a shopping expedition to places reachable by a couple of buses each way, but not if you want to carry much back. And anyway on a day like today without a car most of what you'd carry would be water!

I give thanks for going to the recyling centre as well and tipping some defunct items into their big containers, for a very reasonably priced lunch out in one of the shops and cake from the bakery by her house to stop and admire her new kitchen. She has radiators too... I give thanks for being reminded what wonderful things they are...

I give thanks for retaining enough energy for scrubbing and dusting and vacuuming on my return, though it seems a pretty academic exercise as the rain containment facility overflowed in my absence and drips and puddles down the stairs are not the kinds of water feature a viewer will want to see. On the other hand I'm sure I'll be grateful to come home to a clean flat after traipsing around in the rain while they exclaim in horror!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics