Wednesday 21 March 2018

Money for nothing

Spurred on by news of more coin changes I give thanks for emptying my spare change stash and counting out just over £10! For this, and the sunshine, finally coaxing me out to the bank, when I'd limbered up after lunchtime.

There isn't a branch of my bank in town so I give thanks for pretty journeys on public transport. It's amazing how much snow there still is here and there, and I particularly love the white stripes along the hedgerows trimming the fields. They seem very festive somehow, like streamers or bunting,  or sometimes in a group of strange angled lines, like ancient chalk figures on the hillsides.

I give thanks for turning my spare cash (and a freshly changed old ten pound note I discovered the other day)  into some Body Shop shampoo I like that they've discontinued, some fabric for my patchwork and some water filter cartridges...and felt very pleased with myself, albeit very tired.

I give thanks for making it home in time for a curl up with a cup of tea and a hot water bottle and some on line catching up. For something very easy mostly organised to make for tea, and that Rachel is coming to share it and give me some acupuncture afterwards. After that, rather a lot of nothing at all is planned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics