Tuesday 20 March 2018

Mad world

Tell you what I want, what I really really want... My back and knees to stop hurting! I give thanks my joints have been very kind for a considerable length of time and for understanding this contributes to it seeming a terrible trial now they're giving me trouble again - I'm simply out of practice! I give thanks for arnica gel, Actipatches and paracetamol...they help a little and every little helps!

I give thanks for my friends who offer to go the extra mile(s) to deliver me to the hospital and back* For their patience and forbearance when the dates keep being rearranged. Today I had a fairly intelligible call to say my operation had been cancelled for Thursday and they'd let me know when it could be rescheduled again....Also that yes, I had been down for an appointment on Monday that was cancelled but that yes, that had been superfluous and that would not be! I give thanks for my forbearance too... The member of staff who is leaving these difficult to interpret messages has pretty much lost her voice and can only talk in croaks and squeaks at the moment so I give thanks she hit upon the plan of texting later with a new date.

I give thanks for finally getting through to the Tesco helpdesk, which has understandably been rather busy of late. I wanted to report a faulty food item, but my request got lost in translation at first as the lady on the end of the phone heard the 'microwave' in microwave rice and wanted me to call Tesco Direct as she only dealt with groceries not appliances. I did lose a bit of forbearance then I must admit...

I give thanks for the sunshine melting the snow enough to go out and get some bits and bobs...after spending some considerable time working out the least knee aggravating route. Even if I get buses or cabs there are the still the bits between to be considered where it's a bit like fox and geese river crossing puzzles trying to find the way to carry the least weight the shortest distance. Sometimes two trips are better than one. Sometimes it's double the trouble! For much laughter with the ladies at the library and the use of the loo and computers there to free up some internet megs at home for catching up with the programmes my TV box failed to record (and getting a free sit down too!)

I give thanks the shops and their customers seem to have managed this last ice age a whole lot better than last time so that I was able to buy everything I wanted and more...For a cab soon available from Waitrose to carry me and my swag swiftly up the hill...

*And the one who sends me books too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics