Saturday 20 October 2018

Echo beach

I give thanks for a Plan A for today... then a Plan B and C and so on! After a bad night it was a bad day to go out from the point of view of pain and fatigue but with bright blue skies and temperatures in the high teens staying indoors would be a crime against my state of mind no matter what my body said, so I give thanks eventually I managed to hobble down the hill with a sandwich.

Almost summery weather and the half term hols mean almost summer style crowds so I give thanks for there not being much of a queue at the kiosk for a takeaway tea when I arrived, and for being able to wedge myself into my favourite spot without too much grunting and groaning. I give thanks in all the years I've been going there I've never arrived and found anyone else there...I wonder if any of the folk who walk past think 'Oh, look it's her again...'


Not wanting to move once relatively comfy, I give thanks for finding a complimentary biscuit left over from some cafe visit in my bag for dessert. For a cab on the rank when I got there and a long lie down and restorative nap when I got home.

When I was awake in the night I was thinking about the voices that echo in our heads - the ones that say unhelpful stuff. It's funny how people seem to imagine if they tell you what they don't like about you then somehow you will change. I give thanks I'm sure some of them imagine they are performing a service, but even so called 'constructive' criticism is mostly about building up the self importance of the giver really isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics