Friday 5 October 2018

This old house

I give thanks for the lovely people I've met in the last ten years or so, but I was thinking last night that the ones I've known longer have a special place in my heart because I have a different one in theirs. They met and formed relationships with different versions of me and treat my health problems as 'changes of use' rather than defining architectural features. Perhaps others with long term illnesses know what I mean...I guess family and partners fulfil that role for many but I'm kind of short on those!

I give for another gloriously warm autumn day today...For a leisurely but hopeful start having discovered my buyer has extended his mortgage offer a little bit more, and thus nudging my own moving plans on a little too. I give thanks for still living in this lovely little town a while longer though, and for a the pleasant afternoon I had going about my business and encountering its friendly folk.


I give thanks for not taking Mima up on an invitation to swim, but enjoying a paddle and the sight of a ship coming in. Loved the hazy light and the glistening sun on its bows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics