Friday 19 October 2018

Night moves

I give thanks for the coleslaw I made for my tea last night. I'm not great at grating so I give thanks I'm not supposed to eat much raw veg...but oh my it was nice in a sarnie!

Late in the day I received an update from the solicitor's regarding the sale and basically it's same old same old waiting on the freeholder again. I became very miserable thinking I could lose my second attempted purchase, or my buyer, or both, and end up never getting out of here...so I give thanks for talking some sense to myself after a while. Worst case scenario I die before I move? Well, no not really...If I die I'm not going to be fretting about it am I, nor struggling with the stairs and so on! Yes, the other things might happen, and I suspect knowing his delays may cause this is part of the reason the landlord is being so slow in his responses as he does seem to thrive on causing grief...However, all outcomes are out of my hands bar one - the grief bit. If I don't let it get me down and he's wasting his own time as well as everyone else's isn't he? And as long as I'm not moving I'm still living in this lovely place...and still living without life saving treatment come to think of it. Loads tp be grateful for!

I give thanks for feeling much better when I realised all the above and filed the negative thoughts away with a mental 'solved' stamp across them. For another lovely sunny day today and for feeling well and strong so I could go out for some of it to catch up with my in town chores. For spending quite a bit of the indoor bit planning a night away with a friend next week plus some more pootling with puzzles. For meeting Chris the long-ex cab driver on the seafront when I was busy defending my lunch from the greedy gulls. Teach me to go non-vegetarian for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics