Monday 1 October 2018

Let the sunshine in

I was feeling rather stressed and tense this morning with various stuff going on...(and not going on) so I give thanks for seeing sense and opting out for a while.

I give thanks for Yuval Noah Harari's vision of the future based on his vision of the past and now. It's all so personal how we see the world and what we see as true. I noticed in the reviews people disputing some of the facts and figures he quotes, but even science and statistics are mutable. We set such store by being 'right' but today's latest knowledge can often be tomorrow's laughable irrelevance. It's so easy to forget all information comes to us through a variety of filters and forms of agenda anyway...even our own!

I give thanks for also reading about the results of a survey about loneliness. It was good to see it recognising different types and bring into question the stereotypes we often have regarding sufferers and possible remedies. It seemed to highlight the difference between the basic need for simple social contact and the longing for a deeper connection which it seems to me are quite separate feelings though quite easily confused. Ah but what do I know eh?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-45561334

I give thanks for meditation reminding me of the ultimate meaninglessness of mostly everything anyway.

For the warm patches of sunshine beaming through the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics