Tuesday 2 October 2018

Agadoo

I give thanks for thinking of a song with pineapple in...though you might wish that I hadn't! It is in honour of the pineapple and ginger crumble I made last night. Rachel said she'd never heard of pineapple and ginger crumble and I said neither had I until I invented it an hour earlier... I give thanks I came up with  the recipe to use up some leftovers...highly recommended!

I give thanks for a very welcome acupuncture treatment and one of our usual rambling exchanges of musings on life. For her not being cross about her jumper going wrong again and telling me about one she'd made for Daryl shrinking when she washed it. She wondered why alpacas don't shrink in the rain. I said maybe they did and there's tiny little ones we never see and she said yes, perhaps that's why they have long necks! Made me chuckle for hours...For more of the visually poetic Mystery Road.

Today I give thanks though tired I'm still well enough to get to the hospital and back by bus, and enjoy the views and my own thoughts instead of forced volunteer chatter. I'd been really looking forward to listening to Black Lace on my headphones too - nah, only joking, it was Imee Ooi really! Sadly a wire has come loose inside them and I could only get music in both ears if I held the cable in a particular position which was only really possible when the bus was not in motion. Oh well, it was an interesting journey anyway with a flashing fire engine coming the other way on a narrow residential street and a stand off with a huge potato lorry slap bang in the middle of an even narrower bridge.  I give thanks for the sight of our local old age traveller sitting on the verge next to his beautiful horse and wagon...for a row of cherry pickers at a line of telegraph poles. There, I could have called this post Telegraph Road couldn't I? I love that song!

I give thanks for the lovely anaemia nurse they have at the moment. She has difficult veins herself so is gentle, likes creative hobbies and has a sense of humour so we can have an enjoyable conversation while she's poking me about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics