Thursday 4 October 2018

Walk this way

I give thanks for the quality of light as the warmth of the sun begins to disperse the fog and clouds. For the beat of wings as the resident flock of pigeons takes off...and for it being the crows disturbing them not the neighbours yelling expletives

I give thanks for Andrew offering to take me out for 'tea and cake' which turned out to be a delicious lunch in one of my favourite places followed by a comfort nd tour of the moor in all its various glories! There is so much different scenery up there and it was so beautiful including the weather. I give thanks for the combination of autumn colours and almost summery warmth, the long shadows and faint blueish haze. For walking about a bit in the great outdoors and sitting by a bubbling river. For lots of laughter and interesting conversation. What a wonderful treat! Oh and for a long traffic jam on the way back which meant we arrived just in time to see the Flying Scotsman which was a treat for Andrew when he was a lad... My pictures of that were pants as I had to stand on tiptoe to see over the bridge but I liked this one I took while having a rest on our stroll. A long long time ago I can still remember when we walked right up this track to the ancient wood at the top... Never mind, I could see it in the distance and remember.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics