Tuesday 30 October 2018

Substitute

Well I don't think Paul and Prue would have been particularly impressed but I give thanks for a rustic but rather tasty Morello glace cherry and dried cranberry pudding/cake made last night. I'm not supposed to eat sultanas, raisins etc but I didn't miss them at all!

I give thanks for an early night as my body clock didn't get reset at the weekend. For a book, a hot water bottle and a mug of chamomile tea. For a long lie in in the morning as I was quite cosy and comfortable and I knew once I started moving around it would be downhill all the way! For not going down the hill though I did go down the stairs to check for post and take some stuff to the bins. I give thanks there's lots of because it gave me a chance to try out various ways of moving up and down them to see which hurt the least. Basically it's bending or putting any weight on my knees that causes the problems so not a lot of success there unfortunately...but I hurt in a lot of other places too today so at least there was some variety. I give thanks for the bits when it was less intrusive...likewise the neighbourhood noises...and best of all when both were quiet, though some chaps next door were making a shed and that was quite interesting to watch grow throughout the day despite the racket.

I give thanks for the pretty sky, so bright and blue earlier in the day and with delicately tinted clouds at sundown...

I give thanks for discovering via Loose Ends that a number of genre novelists have formed a band called Fun Lovin' Crime Writers. This appeals to me greatly!

https://funlovincrimewriters.com/about/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics