Wednesday 10 October 2018

That'll be the day

So I read today that a third of young people don't drink alcohol and in twenty years owning private internal combustion engines could be out of favour too. Hey... If I could only live long enough I might start to be considered normal!

Yeah well, back in the real world...Um, I give thanks for stopping beating myself up about forgetting to buy a tin opener as it was working fine when I tried it again. Maybe there was something wrong with that particular can...

I give thanks for getting up and getting on with the chores despite being desperately tired after another bad night. For not being surprised when the removal survey guy said the discount the estate agents said their clients had wouldn't apply to me because it's only for people spending a considerable sum. For not bothering to try to explain the subjectivity and relativity in estimating what constitutes loadsa money. I've still no confirmation it's actually going to happen anywsy...

After he left, feeling increasingly rough I give thanks for doing the sensible thing and making an early lunch before going back to bed for a rest.  I give thanks for reminding myself (repeatedly) there's no shame in this though it certainly seemed a shame on such a beautiful sunny day...when both beautiful sunny days and the freedom to enjoy them are soon to be in short supply. But after I'd lain down a while, and had a nap and read a few pages of a book, and had a lovely meditate I thought nah, this was a wonderful way to spend a last day of freedom compared to incarceration on a busy hospital ward!

I give thanks for the windows wide open to help dry the washing, for earplugs to drown out the ever in and out neighbours and the extremely mardy neighbourhood crows...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics