Sunday 7 October 2018

It's only rock and roll

Oh my ears and whiskers, I was like Zebedee on amphetamines earlier today.  I suspect last week's treatments have brought my haemoglobin up to 'normal' levels rather than the just above zombie state they recommend for amaemic kidney patients. They say this is to stop the artificial stimulation giving us heart attacks and strokes but I reckon it's also useful in keeping us compliant and uncomplaining at the indignities and inconveniences we have to go through to stay alive...

Anyway, whatever, my head gives great thanks for all the stuff I'm getting done but my joints are not convinced it's a good idea at all. I give thanks for a good book to read in a relaxing warm bath to soothe them before I went out and a loll on the sofa afterwards.

I give thanks for the lines of low but but long and clean rollers coming in to break on the shore with their satisfying distinctive sound. I love all the kinds of sea I've seen but there's something about those parallel lines of shadow that emerge far far out and gradually build that I find absolutely mesmerising... I give thanks I could watch from not far from the big recycling bins where I'd dropped off some stuff - any further down the hill would have required way too much walking back up it!

I give thanks though the lawn mower and power saw neighbours were using were noisy they did produce nice sights and smells! Mmm... sawdust! I give thanks for catching up with some TV and knitting when things had quietened down, and an old episode of Loose Ends where Janis Ian sang At Seventeen live and quite beautifully in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics