Wednesday 31 October 2018

Mystify me

I don't always make nice dinners - last night's was so disgusting I could only give thanks for extra rice cakes and leftover pudding! The neighbours were out for a chunk of the evening so watching TV without background sounds was a treat in itself anyway...

I give thanks for rediscovering how bitterly cold it gets here when skies are grey outside so that I didn't just dig out my cosiest clothes from the back of the cupboard under the stairs, but ordered a new brushed thermal top as well... I give thanks for managing to get some Tiger Balm on my back between my shoulder blades where something is very sore...before covering the place with many layers.

I give thanks for going through an unsorted bookshelf and finding a bunch of paperbacks I'll not be reading again to donate to the library's bric a brac sale. And for thus feeling justified in getting a cab to their first craft group get together, though quite why I feel the need to feel justified given my various bodily problems mystifies me...

I give thanks for broccoli and Stilton pasties back in stock at the bakers. They have to be rationed for renal reasons but it's been months since I had one so hopefully that's OK... and I give thanks for Mima giving me a lift back up the hill with my heavy bags so I could flop on the sofa and eat it instead of getting tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics