Thursday 1 November 2018

Get ready for this

I had a call from one of the kidney homecare team last night, making sure I knew who to call (not Ghostbusters!) when I start to feel ill. I've encountered this lady before and she belongs to what I (privately) call the Angel of Death school of medical practice, determined to instill fear and reliance in her patients. She's been telling me for several years I must accept my fate and will start to need her intervention very soon, so I gave thanks I could say 'Not today, thank you' once again...

Last night I was very tired, and not keen to get moving today so I was beginning to think, yeah this is the beginning of the end...but after a soothing soak in the bath and a rub down with Tiger Balm I was grateful to find myself in the kitchen making pasta for lunch, and curry for tea, whilst dashing back and forward to the bedroom to get a bit more ready for the seasonal changes which have come on a little suddenly and caught me unawares. I give thanks since then I've been up the ladder to get the electric blanket and autumn duvet down, stripped the bed and turned the mattress (oof, that's hard work!) before grovelling on the floor underneath to sort out an extension lead. Eat lunch, remake bed, rustle up a pear and ginger crumble for afternoon delight, wash up, sit down, hand jive to 2 Unlimited and realise, nah, I'm fine...I just do a lot of stuff and get a bit exhausted now and then. I give thanks medical science can bog off a little longer!

Tonight I plan to go and get gonged so I give thanks for a quiet period before I start layering up for the dark and cold. I give thanks for another layer of Tiger Balm on my sore bits. I may pong a bit but no one near me should suffer from nasal congestion after the session! Decided to watch a programme about what goes on behind the scenes in hospitals and the hospital they started with was the one I attend! Absolutely fascinating to see backstage everywhere from microbiology to the laundry to Rose Cottage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics