Monday 19 November 2018

Monday Monday

I give thanks for a bit more get up and go today. I didn't sleep well so I didn't get up and go til late but hey, that's OK, the sky was brighter and the wind had died down a little by then. For a bath with a book as the hot water soothes my body and a good story soothes my head. For the sound of birdsong in the bushes and trees by the roadside..

It seemed a bit Monday moan day in town with almost everyone I encountered having something to grumble about, so I give thanks for not loitering in case I began to join in, but swiftly buying some more prizes for the tombola, a Christmas gift, home essentials and Big Issue from the remarkably cheery seller braving the wind on the corner. For a cab on the rank when I needed a lift up the hill with my heavy bags and that it's not a very long ride as goodsness me he was the grumbliest of all!

I give thanks for taking down my sun and moon hanging to give it an iron and replace the serendipitous previous poles with the new pieces of dowel. This means I can now hang my winter door curtain back up, which is kind of sad as I'd hoped I'd be gone before it was needed but also something to be grateful for as it should help keep me warm as the temperature falls. Mayhe not straight away though as I am a mite fatigued...

I give thanks for the brief gold in the clouds before darkness fell...and the brief and blissful peace when the neighbours went out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics