Tuesday 6 November 2018

Yellow is the colour

I was really looking forward to Rachel coming last night...partly because a few minutes before I'd finished her jumper (which we were both extremely grateful for!) and partly because I felt very much in need of treatment for my various ills and woes. Before she arrived, while finishing off dinner I kept telling myself not to whinge and whine when she did. but luckily she's been feeling the effects of encroaching winter too so we were able to swap funny stories and hints and tips and ended up laughing instead.

I give thanks for Mr Tesco helping me make a lovely meal* The freezer is almost empty now except for bread and milk. Do I give up assuming I'm gong to move and stock is up with more food? Oh decisions, decisions...

I give thanks for feeling reasonably functional again today and for deciding to get some odds and ends in the city - taking in the pretty wooded bus ride views of without a hospital appointment looming makes a nice change but I was hunting high and low for my mp3 player. During the search I found a favourite scrunchie I thought I'd lost which pleased me greatly... and then the missing item in the little pouch I'd put it in on my trip with Jan...along with some stashed cash I'd forgotten. Nice one! I give thanks for Bob sending me his Christmas list so I could put this money to good use...

I give thanks for my knees being amenable to much trudging around, pricing and appraising various things...and for discovering in my travels that some of the shops I used to go to when I lived nearby are still there. For a mahoosive slice of carrot cake from Waterstones to keep me going...and a £1 hat to keep my hair on when the wind started blowing. For getting home before it was completely dark, and before I got too wet.

*and that there's some leftover for today as I've been out for hours and am way past wanting to chop and cook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics