Wednesday 7 November 2018

Blue velvet

Well, yellow isn't noticeably the colour any longer - not on the the nearby trees at least. A mighty gust just sent a blizzard of their leaves into the air! I don't think I've ever seen quite such a dense cloud of them before, and give thanks I was looking out of the window at the appropriate moment, and for it still being light enough to see...

Although I didn't spend much money yesterday I spent large chunks of the night paying various physical prices for my exertions so I give thanks for taking things very easy today. One particular pain is not shopping related nor, as far as I can tell, related to any ongoing health issues and as it has been going on for about 10 days now  I give thanks I've managed to book a telephone consultation with one of the GPS to see if she can shed some light and maybe make it go away. I give thanks though I've been very uncomfortable I still feel very well all things considered...

I give thanks for 'discovering' instant microwave puddings a while back. OK, they're not really instant - from getting up on your feet to follow your fancy for something hot and sweet to licking your plate might be about 10 mins but that's pretty good! The texture is more rubbery than the cake baked sort but they're so simple to put together and cook so quickly you can practically do it while you make an accompanying cuppa so who's complaining? Usual renal rules apply to me so I can't have coffee, chocolate, nuts or dried fruit but rose petal jam on the bottom/top, with a little lemon zest in the batter was very nice indeed.

I give thanks for the gorgeous fabric of the 'new' tunic I won on eBay. No, it isn't blue velvet but I don't know any songs about black, orange, red and green velvet do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics