Saturday 3 November 2018

Eye of the tiger

I give thanks they don't make Tiger Balm from real tigers as I've become rather dependent on the effect of its soothing vapours on my congested chest! I give thanks I sleep alone and can slather myself with this in the wee small hours when I'm awake and uncomfortable, as well as have the light on and get up for Roobosch tea and a snack. Though of course I guess if I slept with the right person they might get up and bring refreshments to me.. Haha, what a lovely thought, dream on! I give thanks there are folks for whom this kind of thing is a reality though, who have people who help them look after themselves not as a job but because they think they're worth it. Long may it continue for them...

I give thanks my unplanned wakefulness meant I could put a sly bid on to win a top that caught my eye in Ebay! I hope I like it in the flesh, or fabric maybe that should be. Luckily I'm usually lucky in shopping but errors of judgement do slip in now and then...

I give thanks for my first email from my longstanding penpal on Florida's Death Row. The JPay system said it was from 'my loved one' which is pushing it a bit but I love that after years of wrangling with the authorities the prisoners can communucate with friends and family without paper, postage stamps and a long, long wait!

It's been a dark day here so I'm grateful I went out yesterday. I'm sure my chest will be grateful if I don't go out on a chilly damp evening to see a bonny bonfire and firework display, just need to persuade my mind and heart... There's a new series of Beck starting, that might help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics