Sunday 4 November 2018

The letter

There are a couple of nights a year when, even if I can't face going down and up them to join in the fun, I give thanks for the hill and stairs here because I get glimpses of fireworks anyway. I give thanks yesterday evening I saw some good ones, even some of the ones in the main town display which rose high enough over the trees and that cheered me up a bit.

It's the start of the sad season for me when I'm not only affected by lack of light but of warmth and mobility and of social exchanges that don't involve hearing about what other people are doing and wishing I could too! I give thanks I should be used to it by now, and for understanding it probably feels worse than usual because I've invested so much money and effort in the possibility of change for the better and everything is still the same.

I give thanks for making myself get up and get on with a few things despite lack of energy and enthusiasm after a troubled night...and for some good dreams in the bits when I was asleep! For some household chores done, and printing, filling in a posting a self referral form for someone to look at my poorly toenails on the NHS please, though I suspect they might say no you have to pay! I give thanks for my poorly joints being a little less sore except for on the stairs, and my poorly chest being a little less tight.

I give thanks for the misty murky weather softening the autumn colours, and for remembering this song I've loved for more than half a century... The lead singer was 16 when those vocals were recorded - they don't make boy bands like that any more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQaUs5J2wdI


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics