Thursday 22 November 2018

I sill haven't found what I'm looking for

I give thanks for sleeping better... Until I woke up convinced it was proper morning and it was only half past four! I give thanks my son keeps odd hours too so we could carry on our Messenger chat from yesterday evening. We're still hoping we can fit 'Christmas' in somewhere but it looks like it will be in January now...

I give thanks for going back to sleep for a bit, but when it was proper morning I was still rather tired and uninspired by day to day chores. I give thanks for going to a shop where I thought they might have some fabric for the next rows of my rag rug - but they didn't. I give thanks for going to a shop where I thought they might have something I fancied for tea - but they didn't. I did see lots of sparkly seasonal bits and bobs in my travels that of course I don't need at all but I give thanks for succumbing to a 99p string of battery operated snowflake lights because if my deckies are in a storage unit and I'm in digs at Yuletide they might provide a little cheer! Oh and for the store playing a favourite U2 track instead of tortured premature carols...or worse!

I give thanks for soothing music in my ears on the bus as the other passengers seemed to have a lot to say...or rather not much to say but an eager need to keep repeating themselves. I give thanks they weren't talking to me!

I give thanks for hearing  that the consultant's response to the GP flapping about my last results was to recommend leaving everything just as it is. Phew! The doc had suggested more frequent blood tests and I'd really rather not... I give thanks Mr Upstairs seems to have completed his 10000 steps a day challenge on the creaky floorboards above my head and I can remove my earplugs and find something vaguely useful to do...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics