Friday 9 November 2018

Sugar and spice

I give thanks for my dark sense of humour. When it's 3 am and you're trying to get comfy enough in bed to fall asleep again but every shift in position brings a different 'Ouch!' or 'Oof!' or 'Ow!' it is kind of comic... as well as somewhat tragic of course!

I give thanks for the sleep I had, and for waking early enough to deal with the demon courier and the cocked up communication systems which meant I didn't get essential emails or texts and he didn't have a number to call to say he was here. I give thanks it was a pleasant morning weather-wise so I could have the kitchen window open to hear him arrive, and that my knees are in a good mood and let me (almost) run down the stairs!

His highness has not been so mellow however, so I give thanks for an old Columbo to cheer me up when he's been grouchily shouting and stamping around. I've been feeling rather creative so I give thanks for the times between my hands seizing up when I could put my ideas into action for a while.

I give thanks I wasn't moving into temporary accommodation on this stormy afternoon as at one point I thought I would be and had paid a now lost deposit. That I'm not quite so grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics