Saturday 10 November 2018

A hard rain's gonna fall

I give thanks those cookies turned out OK. I flavoured them with ground ginger and cinnamon, used rice milk and some finely chopped crystallised ginger and an extra couple of spoons of jumbo oats which made them crunch as if there were nuts in - always a bonus if you're not supposed to eat nuts!

I give thanks for sleeping better and waking up with nothing hurting so just lying still for a while to enjoy it. For Julie saying she'd get and cut some dowel for me and Mima offering me afternoon tea and teacake at hers with a lift home after. For a nice chat with the chap upstairs when he too was sheltering from a heavy squall of rain in the downstairs hallway

I give thanks for good news in the post - my student loan has finally been written off and I've qualified for a podiatry assessment. I might not qualify for treatment however, they'll have to assess me and see!

I give thanks for finding just the fabric I wanted for a craft idea in town here and the man cutting it badly and me saying I didn't mind so I got it extra cheaply too! I give thanks I labelled the boxes I packed and stacked so optimistically earlier in the year as I needed to get some materials out of one of them for this project too. Oh and I was delighted the right box was in the front pile and not quite at the bottom of it!

I give thanks for having lots of spare specs as I stepped on and mangled a pair today and luckily the replacements, though also in 'storage' were fairly accessible. I give thanks for my joints being pretty easy going so I've been able to dash about between the showers, for the mildness of the weather and for it being the kind of rain where the leak buckets not needing emptying. I've not worked out which sort does and which doesn't but whatever, doesn't is fine by me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics