Thursday 29 November 2018

After midnight

I give thanks for sleeping quite well for several hours, but unfortunately with quite a few wakeful periods as well with lots of aches and pains and puzzles of the non-crossword variety whirring in my brain. For giving up and putting the light on to read instead in what would have felt like 'early morning' at a different time of year... For electric light and an electric heater!

I give thanks the wind blew the clouds and rain away for chunks of the day, especially as I had to go out and do some odds and ends. Some of the time when I was out I didn't even get wet! I give thanks for finding a gift for my Reddit Secret Santa and a few other seasonally related items, and yes I did shop local though it felt as if I'd been very far afield by the time I made it home! I give thanks there's no more news as I've carried on hurting all day so didn't want to feel I ought to be doing anything more than I did. I give thanks for an early bath, and an evening of lying on the sofa planned. For the chilli on my nostril and lip reminding me I'm part way through cooking some dhal, and that there's leftovers from other meals if I don't get that finished tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics