Monday 29 October 2018

Feed the world

I've always been happy to mix my culinary metaphors and now my dietary options are somewhat limited it's useful to think of new ways to rearrange them. I give thanks for today's offerings from the (con)fusion kitchen including 'Devon cream breakfast' which is porridge with jam and cream - or oat cream in this case - and coleslaw with tuna in it rather than next to it which makes a good sandwich filling/cracker topping. I give thanks for something dhal like bubbling on the stove for my tea...

I give thanks for forgetting how cold it gets here when the temperature drops, and for resolving to be less mean about turning the heaters on as well as piling on extra layers of clothes...and piling on the calories! I give thanks for Tesco for sending a nice man with some more of the latter...and for having enough money to pay...

I give thanks though my knees and back have been very sore my hands have been less so so I can battle on with Rachel's jumper which continues to resist becoming a wearable garment but which, hopefully, is almost there. I'm at the stage where I'm trying to finish it off in such a way as to hide the many errors. I give thanks I have produced many delightful knitted items over the years...but this is clearly not among their number. I give thanks for her understanding!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics