Wednesday 3 October 2018

When I'm sixty-four

Well another deadline passed yesterday and I give thanks I am pretty much past caring now. If I ask I'm told 'We'll tell you when we know what's going on' which I'm sceptical about but today was a lovely day and I have too few days of freedom left to squander one on pestering people who simply don't give one!

I give thanks for lots of sleep with not too much waking up with tangled tubes or pain. For bringing myself breakfast in bed, and very slowly manoeuvring through the domestic chores before hurling some lunch into a box to eat by the sea. For sitting in the sunshine sending some metta as you are supposed to - to yourself, to some folk you're fond of and to those you don't know or love so well. For a new book from the Coastwatch preloved collection and for one of those wonderful lemon curd ice creams to set me up for a trip around the supermarket. I give thanks for being restrained in my purchases as I couldn't get a cab...and for managing to get back up the hill anyway.

For remembering the delighful elderly couple in the anaemia treatment room with me yesterday. She was so frail and he was so tender with her. I give thanks for remembering not all relationships stay healthy when sickness comes along and being grateful, though sometimes looking after myself is hard, at least no one else is much affected. I give thanks for getting better at being more grateful as my quality of life gets less. Don't know if I'll make it to sixty-four but may this continue for the duration...

I give thanks for all the exotic places I get to via the wonders of TV.  And for Bake Off which has, to my mind, become truly great in the C4 version. I love the flora and fauna they show at the venue as well as the food, the humour and the hugging, though I do tear up when the leaving contestants do...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics