Sunday 21 October 2018

Weak in the presence of beauty

I give thanks for another superbly sunny and warm day. This weather is like my state of health - far better than it ought to be but even though I was too tired to go out this time I'm really not complaining! I'm still savouring the beauty of it I saw yesterday with the glittering sea and haze along the headlands. I kept letting out little involuntary squeaks of delight so I give thanks there was no one nearby to laugh at me!

I give thanks for visits to a variety exotic climes visited via my TV too including the Australian outback in another Jay Swan story. Some of the images made me ooh and ah in wonder too -  such stunning scenery and clever cinematography.

I give thanks for catching up with domestic chores...and that when a lightbulb blew when I turned it on it was in the hall where I'd just taken a ladder to get something down from a high shelf. I like it when it doesn't seem as if the universe is conspiring against me! For earplugs when the neighbourhood sounds seemed too intrusive... And for remembering a damn fine song for a fitting post title!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics