Tuesday 9 October 2018

Hurts so good

I give thanks today wasn't all about pain. A lot of it was extremely painful however so I give thanks for dealing with it as best I could. The main trick is not to feel sorry for yourself - the physical sensations seem so much worse if you add an emotional dimension and that's a work in progress sometimes! The second trick is to not let it spoil any more than it has to, including one's mood. So yeah, gratitude for some more opportunities to get good at that too!

I give thanks for living alone so my feebleness affects no one else...and for the neighbours being out for some of the afternoon so I didn't have the effect of feeling like I don't!

I give thanks for having sorted out a couple of bags of stuff to donate to places in town. They weren't that big or heavy but cumbersome enough to need a cab to get me down there or I'd never have made it otherwise. For managing to hobble to a 'quiet' spot on the beach to eat the food I'd taken with me, and not to lose my rag with at numerous canine attempts to sniff my lunchbox...Don't people feed their pets anymore?

I give thanks for it being warm enough to sit on the beach with only the kind of layers I'd normally wear in a normal summer. For a very cheery and chatty Big Issue seller...

I give thanks the supermarket didn't have half the things I was looking for as this meant less to carry. Even with a taxi back there's still the walking around in between... Oh and I give thanks for Boots' order on line and collect in store service. It's free and so helpful if you like the more obscure items they don't sell in smaller shops. Like Professor Scrubbington's bath bubbles - designed for infants this is free of all kinds of horrible stuff, smells divine and is half the price of 'luxury' products. I give thanks I'm off for a wallow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics