Thursday 18 October 2018

Little by little

Two of my favourite things happen every day though I don't always get to enjoy them...or remember to say I do! One is watching the sky gradually getting light in the morning and the other is it darkening at night. I have more chances to see both in the winter of course, and the first one can be viewed through curtains and still have an effect, but you can't do that in the evening so easily as when the curtains are closed there's usually a lamp on inside! I give thanks for these simple and enduring pleasures anyway...

I give thanks today turned into a gorgeous sunny day and for listening to my knees which pleaded with me not to go out and wander about. I give thanks for wide open windows instead and taking the recycling down to the bins without needing a coat. It really was warm out there...

I give thanks for finding things to do on another day of waiting to do the things I really want to be getting on with. I keep telling myself it must be getting nearer but I thought that before and it just got further away! I give thanks for receiving the initial paperwork regarding my next attempt at a purchase even though there's still no news of the sale. Still, the longer the latter drags on the less time I should be in limbo before the former goes through - well in theory anyway! The logistics of it all are still hazy but I'm quite sure I won't be dealing with the chap who estimated I'd need 750 cubic feet of storage ie 3 x 10ft units! I think he got confused by my probably confusing explanation of what would be coming with me to temporary accommodation and what would need removing by his chaps into storage. I've added up what I've got on online calculators and I can see 1 10ft unit might be a tight squeeze sizewise but 3 is way over the top...

I give thanks for gradually beginning to get an idea how many recording artists have produced songs called Little by Little. You can imagine whichever comes to your own mind but I think I was thinking of the Fratellis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics