Thursday 11 October 2018

Day by day

Haha! I give thanks for the consultant not mincing her words regarding last month's blood results...apparently the technical term is 'scary'! I give thanks I continue to defy medical science and mostly feel much better than I should...and that she is continuing to let me roam (relatively) free until I don't. For discussing contingency plans for what is likely to be a very sudden and rapid decline, and for what can be done if I'm trying to move home at the same time as this happens. Meanwhile, I give thanks for all the years of practice I have at living one day at a time...

I give thanks for the chaps upstairs going out yesterday evening. That was a treat for me...and maybe for them too! I give thanks I was still awake when they came home as or they'd have woken me up for sure...

I give thanks for the sound of rain on the window panes this morning - so cosy when you're snug indoors. For finally managing to get outdoors in time for dropping off some bottle tops at Lush (without buying anything - oh, the self restraint!) and getting a cheap but very acceptable haircut at Cellys (missing out on the wash beforehand as I already had a stiff neck) and a cuppa and biscuits before my appointment. I give thanks for the hospital cafe serving fresh milk for a change instead of those little UHT pots - much more pleasant for sore hands and fussy tastebuds... For lots of Imee Ooi in my ears on the bus journeys to turn a rather glum and defeatest start to the day into better homecoming mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics