Sunday 14 October 2018

Saturday night at the movies

The town next door has a little theatre that time has forgotten so utterly it looks like a cunningly styled set in a scene from Fargo or some such. I give thanks they occasionally show films and that this time it was the second in the Kingsman series which, like the first, I found refreshingly silly, hilariously funny, aurally stimulating, occasionally poignantly moving and visually spectacular... despite the creased screen and dodgy projection! I give thanks for Mima chauffeuring me and quite enjoying it too...

I give thanks for lying in bed and listening to the weather this morning and not having to get up, especially after a bad night with various pains - from knitting, carrying shopping and my injection yesterday if the sites of these pains were anything to go by. For the sound of the birds waking up as it was very early when I did...

For the rain not coming in the leaky roof so there were only washing up buckets to empty. For there being lots of washing up as there's been a lot of eating! You may think I don't go out much in the evening because I'm not sociable, or not well, or not very well off or something but no, it's separation from the kitchen cupboards that puts me off! For a moment just now when some rays of golden hour sunshine hit the golden leaves outside. Made me go 'Ooh!' out - but only once so the chaps upstairs didn't think I was a pigeon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics