Thursday 9 May 2019

Neuf

I give thanks for the fragrance of jasmine blossom in my living room, coming from a joss stick I lit a few days agao and which quickly went out but is doing its job anyway. For the lush blooms of lilac coming out now which I've only seen through glass and not been able to bury my nose in...


I give thanks for being buzzy and busy yesterday evening - an effect of my EPO shot I assume - as I got a few things done, though I wasn't quite so grateful when it kept me awake late into the night. Most of what I've been busy with is making a skirt from this pretty batik fabric. It's a very simple garment but has put up quite a considerable amount of resistance so I'm grateful I'm getting there. Even more so as, unlike any clothing I've acquired or altered for many a month, it's not for going to dialysis but for going to a wedding, or for a summer mini jaunt I have in mind so a symbol of hope and expectation as well as useful and comfortable thing to wear.

I give thanks for resting my hands and knees (for some reason I do a lot of dressmaking on the carpet!) by going on a bus to pick up some tester pots of paint and a few other odds and ends. I give thanks for feeling up to this on an in between school day - that's not happened for a while either! For even making it to the top deck to enjoy the wonderful views. What a beautiful county I live in - and what a convenient flat!

I give thanks for giving the Iceland near where I got off the bus the benefit of the doubt and finding they have a vegan and vegetarian section there and even pesto among the ketchup and stuff! It's not long ago I went to another one not far away and found none of that at all.

I give thanks for being philosophical on realising I'd left my phone behind on this outing. Who needs a phone anyway? Ah - me. I needed it for my Wilko order. I give thanks for the kind and helpful man searching for it in the store room by name instead.

I give thanks for the warmth of the sun and the freshness of the breeze. For easy peasy stuff for tea and I am now a mite fatigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics