Friday 3 May 2019

Trois

I give thanks for being home on the sofa because after a bad night with pain I keep falling asleep today and the sofa is a better place to do this than in a taxi or on a busy hospital ward. I give thanks for a member of staff showing me my blood tesf results since I started treatment and assuring me all is fine and explaining, when I pointed out the decline in haemoglobin, that this was 'normal' on dialysis. Normal it may be, but nice it is not!

I give thanks for one of his colleagues explaining the extremely long drawn out and expensive process of booking a holiday away from base. I guess if I'm this tired I won't care anyway, but it was chastening to realise how hard it really would be on top of all the usual difficulties of not having a car or someone to relieve you of the burden of a single supplement. I give thanks for being forewarned though that it probably isn't going to happen...because I was beginning to think it would be nice to have something to look forward to. And for at least an intelligent conversation on the subject as the cab drivers weren't very satisfying in that regard... For the not very worthy pleasure of sniggering quietly at other exchanges overheard. Although the more or less permanent state of being indignant that seems to be the norm for so many people can be rather wearing when you have to respond, if you can just listen it can be wryly amusing.

I give thanks for easier escape via books and Netflix  offerings. For discovering Jane Austen took one of her holidays here. For a parcel from Ann with more reading material, a card and some toiletry treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics